Monday, July 26, 2010

Kelli Comes for a Visit

Our niece Kelli (Melinda's daughter) came to spend a weekend with me while Rod and Alex are in Kansas and Kentucky.

Friday night we went to dinner at "La Jolla Groves" at the Riverbottoms. If you haven't tried it yet, please go. It is so fresh and delicious. My seared tuna salad was to die for, but so was everything else. After dinner we wandered around the mall waiting for the movie "Salt" to start. What a fun, action packed movie. I highly recommend it. Angelina Jolie should be the next James Bond. I think she could beat the crap out of anyone.

Saturday was a Pioneer Day here in Utah, so we started the day by going to our neighborhood breakfast at our park. Pancakes always taste better when somebody else cooks them.

After breakfast we hiked to the "Y". At the start of the hike I once again realized the fact that I was pathetic when it comes to climbing mountains. 2 months without going to the gym and personal trainer, and I'm in horrible shape. In a week I will be running a 5K. Let's hope I survive.


And then there's Kelli, you know, the 17-year old who runs 5 miles every day. No, she wasn't out of breath, no, she didn't need to rest every 20 feet. No, she didnt' almost pass out. She was so patient with me but probably thinking what a pathetic aunt she has.


But we made it to the "Y". We had a great time visiting, and I just love Kelli. She is an amazing girl. So talented in everything she does. So fun to be around.


Kelli at the bottom of the "Y". Surprisingly, it was about 100 F outside but the "Y" was extremely cool.


Don't let the smile fool you. The hike was hard. I decided that I would never do this again...until next time.


After the hike and quick showers, we headed to Park City for some retail therapy. We shopped 5 1/2 hours with great results. Well, Kelli had great results...I kept her company while she shopped.


"Score!". Kelli with her bags at the end of the day.

Sunday came and we went to family dinner at Jeff and Melanie's. I must say that I have never sweated so much while eating. Their a/c hadn't worked for a month and nobody was able to fix it. It was a great time at their house even though you had to wipe your brow after each bite and when you got up, your shorts looked like you peed your pants, but the homemade ice cream cooled us off. Thanks Jeff and Melanie.

1 comment:

Sant Family said...

I lived in Utah for how long and never hiked the Y. Loser. Capital L. You are an excellent hostess!