Thursday, July 15, 2010

When I'm Home Alone...

Alex left on a high venture camp-out yesterday afternoon to Beaver (2 1/2 hours south from Orem) with all of the 14-18 year old boys from our ward. Rod's in India...I'm left home alone. What is there to do?? Everything.


Alex relaxing before leaving on the camp-out. Sombrero? Why yes! The night before I suggested he take it with him because they are going on a horseback ride. He told me it was a stupid idea. I told him it wasn't because they will be in 9,000 feet up in the mountains riding horses all day, and for sure he will burn his neck. When we got to the church where the boys were leaving from, Graham had a sombrero on, and then found out that Jason has a sombrero as well. They can be the 3 Amigos on this camp-out only if Alex went to get his. He ran home and got his hat. He is all set now. I guess it wasn't that stupid of an idea, after all.


The Three Amigos, Alex, Jason and Graham. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you need to watch the movie. Hilarious.


The boys are ready to get out of town.

And this is where my freedom started.


First moment of freedom (after hitting the mall) I enjoyed in the kitchen by making 11 quarts (11 litres) of green and red sludge. As you can see, my fridge is full of sludge. This batch should last me a few days.

Thursday came and...


Kristine and Katherine came to visit and have lunch with me at the new restaurant at the Riverbottoms called, La Jolla Groves. It is a beautiful and delicious place. All of you, go try it. It was so nice to visit with Kristine, and Katherine, who says the funniest things and you can't help but laugh. She is such a beautiful girl. I get to see them again on Saturday. I miss them so much.

Tonight I'm going to clean the home office. Isn't freedom fabulous!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Remind me again what sludge is? I just remember thinking it sounded aweful. How much and how often do you have to drink it? I would have thought Alex was the big leader in the sombrero group. He seems like that kind of a kid. I do think he is a gret young man.