AAAHHHH! The happiness of having nice, unsnaggy feet. And yes, I picked the nail polish color by thinking:"What color would I wear if I was going on a cruise?" Needless to say, we are in the middle of winter here with a ton of snow, (I think the temperature is about -4 this morning) and no hope for a cruise. But, still I picked a happy orange-red color. If I look at my toenails and squint my eyes, I could picture a orange-red color sunset that I saw a few years back in Key West. I need to find that picture and show it to you. It is GORGEOUS!
Also, I was getting my hair and nails done this week, and about 4 years ago, I used to go to this lady on State Street for a pedicure, facial and massage. Then one day when I went in for my appointment, a nice Vietnamese woman welcomed me into the salon, and told me with a very broken English that her husband would be doing my pedicure. Where was LEIGH, I demanded. Sadly she didn't know (she wasn't sad, she was smiling a big toothy smile the whole time she was talking to me). I was heart-broken, and later butchered by a nice Vietnamese man who didn't even know how to use a blade. I NEED A BLADE, PEOPLE! So, I was getting my hair done by Juli, and she asked me if I remembered Leigh. Of course I remembered Leigh. Are you kidding me! That's why I quit getting pedicures because Leigh wasn't doing them anymore. Even my mother loved Leigh. So, Juli had some insider information about Leigh, and quickly gave me a phone number to call because LEIGH HAS A SPA IN HER BASEMENT! Guess who called her the minute I was done with Juli? My life, as I know it, can go on, once again. The above picture is not Leigh's work....you would know it and feel the difference if it was (Leigh knows how to use a blade). No, this work was done by a 19-year old amateur named "Shilo". I was bored talking with her. She had nothing interesting to say to me, so I turned to my book and was a total snob. 6 weeks from now, I will report on my SPA experience with Leigh. It will sure to be the most joyous occasion.
5 comments:
I'm glad you were a snob. You are pretty easy and fun to talk to, so this girl must have had about as much personality as a rusty nail. Her loss! Nice toes, though! Did it tickle?
Love the feet. I love a winter pedicure. It gets me through Black February.
Thank you for the nice words on my blog. I will repeat your kind words and some from Stuart Smally to see if it helps.
You totally crack me up, "I've read all the books except the ones I haven't". Very funny - I can say the same thing!
And of course Kristine's friends are going to be commenting on each other's blogs. Hello. We are practically related.
Geez, I'm out of the loop of you and Tif. Love the color. Next time I come to Utah we must make appointments with Leigh. The super glue just isn't holding my feet together as well anymore. Thanks for the recipes, by the way. I can't wait to try it out.
Leigh's number please? Those gals at Walmart just aren't cutting it for me anymnore....
Pedi looks great!
-w
What a perfect color for this time of year. Now I want to get a pedi myself. Maybe we can will Winter into submission and bring Spring early!
Post a Comment