Friday, June 11, 2010

Fifteen

Our baby, Alex, turned 15 yesterday. I can't believe how time has flown. Wasn't it just yesterday when I was swearing at Rod in the hospital for going down to the cafeteria and eating a roast dinner when I had had only ice chips all day? Well, it seems like yesterday but in reality, time has really flown by. Alex has grown up to be quite a young man. He is so fun to be around and we love to spend time with him. I think the time is upon us that he would rather spend time with his friends than with us "old" folks. And that's ok.

Alex's goals for this year are (according to me):

-Get a learners permit asap. (You need to pass the test first)
-Get Eagle's Scout (alright, I'll help)
-Get good grades on the 10th grade (again, I will help except with math)
-Play as much basketball as possible (not going to be there to help, but I'll watch)
-Have fun with friends (I'm staying home for this one)
-Golf with Dad this summer (I'm not going except if you want to hear me swear)
-Kiss his Mother goodnight every day (The best!)

We love you Alex. You are just the greatest, the joy of our lives.


What a handsome man!

3 comments:

Sant Family said...

Wow! He is a handsome young man! I love the goals you made for him!

ElleDee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!
love you bub! :)

Amber said...

He is so handsome! Happy Birthday Alex!