Monday, January 4, 2010

Fortune Teller for 2010

New Year's resolutions have been made and fortunes have been told for 2010.

Here are the results from the New Year's Eve party at the Williams


Jetro:
Forture: Puuntuhoojantoukanpesä (I mean, seriously! I'm supposed to translate that? Something like "a nest for a tree destroying caterpillar)
Resolution: "I will catch 20 butterflies that I don't have already in my collection"

Grandpa Hill:
Fortune: Lazyboy Chair
Resolution: "Stay on my feet"


Grandma Hill:
Fortune: Walking well and money
Resolution: "Read all of the Old Testament this year"


Steve:
Fortune: Banker funding lots of money
Resolution: "Stay out of the hospital and live long"


Jaana:
Fortune: Mother and Child
Resolution: "To read more scriptures"


Katie:
Fortune: Money, money and money...and two babies (Kate is pregnant and Jenny is pregnant)
Resolution: "Lose 30 lbs"


Rod:
Fortune: Sleigh=new car, Bonsai tree=success
Resolution: Remodel my house (this is a resolution I made for Rod because he didn't give me one...serves him right. I'm going to hold him to this resolution)


Kari:
Fortune: Money stash found in a tree stump
Resolution: He didn't come up with anything either, so let's make one...hmm..."pay off all the Visa bills that have accrued during our trip to the U.S."


Marja:
Fortune: "Burj Dubai" (I'm convinced that I get to see the world's tallest building in Dubai this year)
Resolution: "Travel as much as possible"

Here are the actual solder horseshoe fortunes. You be the judge.



2 comments:

Sant Family said...

Just the other day I was thinking about your solder horseshoe fortunes and I was wondering what this year would bring you! I think you are spot on with yours and we do have tree destroying caterpillars here in the deep south and the nest really does resemble. I love that you made Rod's resolution for him. That was really thoughtful of you.

Dianne said...

Happy New Year to you! I know you will get all your resolutions done. You are just that way. But, the tallest building in the world is almost 1/2 a mile high! Will you go to the top?