Monday, February 2, 2009

The Trophy has a New Home

Yesterday was the big Super Bowl party at the Jennings' house in Layton. Before we went there we visited Tai's new house. She has a beautiful and gorgeous house.

As usual, we (mostly Rod and I) ate until we almost blew up. The game (didn't see much of it because I was chatting with Tai and Dianne and whoever happened to be in the kitchen watching me eat) was exciting to the last seconds when Steelers took the Cardinals 27-24.


And there are starving kids in Africa. Look at the amount of food. All of it is not even in the picture. Here is Mike scooping himself some dip and dip and some more dip.


Why don't you relax, Rod? Rod's taking it easy on the "love" seat


Hey you all match! This crowd is ready for some 3-D commercials Pepsi style.


Who gets the trophy?? Only Jordan and Tai rooted for Steelers, rest of us for Cardinals. We were not smart enough to spread the bets around.


Jordan takes the trophy home this year and he wasn't even watching the game, just put his score down and left for the entire game and came back with Nicole right after the game was over. His motto was:"Who needs to watch it to win it!" I bet he is thinking about Nicole when he is kissing his trophy.

For sure the Larsens are bringing the trophy home next year, for sure, for sure!

Thanks Tim and Dianne for another fun night! See you at the wedding or the baby blessing...I hope.


And then to some deep thoughts:


-Now that Brooke and Andy have been married for a couple of years and expecting a baby, how come they were not making out on the "love seat" throughout the entire game? We missed it.

Why Diet 7Up with Pomegranite is not available year round?


-How come Hilary and Bill and the kids didn't come over? We miss them.


-Where was Sarah?


-Why did I eat so much?


-Why did I keep eating after I was already so full?


-Why did I eat dessert?


-I will never forget Carolyn and Jay's names again.


-We will be eternal friends with Tim, Dianne, Hilary, Bill, Tai, Mike, Brooke, Andy, Jordan, Andrew and their chosen future wives. They are all the greatest! Lucky for us that Dianne made such great cookies in 1991 that we became such great friends. If the coookies had been crappy, we wouldn't be having these parties. It is all about the food, after all.

3 comments:

Tai said...

Love your re-cap on the game!! I swear I don't think I ever even saw you eat, I was the one that didn't stop. I came home and literally thought I was going to throw up all night. Isaak of course kept waking up to reming me my stomach still hurt!! Can't wait to see you again!!

Bilary said...

Looks like a riot. We had kids with colds and they were ROTTEN! I decided on Sunday at church that I am NEVER taking the youngest two out in public until they are adults because they just embarrass me. They would have ruined the whole party for everyone. The STINKERS! We miss you guys though!:)

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very good, please open my blog