Monday, August 4, 2008

Pop corn is ready, the remote in hand

When I was growing up, Olympics (summer or winter) was one of those events that was never missed at our house. Religiously we would gather up at any hours of the day or night, and watch ALL of the events. If if happened to be during the school hours, the teachers would let us watch TV in class, especially if a Finn was about to medal (only hopefulls were usually in the winter olympics).

So, now I'm again getting ready for the summer olympics in Beijing. I got the schedule all figured out, and now I only have to program my DVR to record the events I really want to watch. Life gets really exciting every two years for me, and definitely takes me back to my childhood. If you can't get a hold of me starting August 8th, you know where you can find me...in front of my TV with a bowl of pop corn and a remote in my hand.

Please try to keep the phone calls to less than 20 seconds, max.


6 comments:

Amber said...

I am so glad that someone else has a tradition around the Olympics. They were always a big deal at our house also and each night was spent watching them and eating ice cream as a family.

Katie said...

I don't know...that badminton might be a little too much excitement to handle!

Bilary said...

I LOVE the olympics! Bill and I even told Rylee that she is going to have to deal with a two week break from Spongebob because we gotta watch the olympics! How fun!

guthriegang said...

i too can't wait!! gotta love the olympics, and feel a little country pride!! go USA and mayby finland!

Tai said...

Have fun!! We will make sure and not bug you with a call during that time, I sure wish we could DVR the Olympics so we could fast forward. I hate commercials!! I guess we will sit through them anyway cause they are fun to watch!!

Kari said...

I think the DVR was invented for times like these ... Sounds like such a fun tradition!!! I'm sure we'll be tuning in along with you. Gymnastics are always a fave in our house ;)