Friday, August 15, 2008

I saw the crack

Because Rod is such a handy man, we very seldom call any other handymans to rescue us from plumbing or other problems around the house. Just the other day Rod fixed two toilets and now they work like a charm...so no plumber needed. BUT, we finally moved our washer and dryer into the downstairs laundry room so I can re-claim one of my pantries for other use...like food. The washer and dryer have been stacked in this pantry for 9 years or since we moved in. Very convenient place, I might add, but then the washer started leaking and leaked all over the place, so we decided that now was a good time to move them to the actual place where they belong. And so we did, well, not me, because I'm just a weakling, but Rod got our neighbor Rick to help him. The problem was that the move didn't fix the leaking problem. Now it was just easier to spot. Rod spotted the problem, went to the parts store to find the correct part to replace the leaky hose. No part. Had to order it in. It was back-ordered. Oh, forget it! Let's just call an appliance guy to come and fix it.

And today Phil came in to fix the washer, and when he bent over, yep, there was the crack. And he is not even a plumber.

3 comments:

Bilary said...

Hahahahaha. I am rolling here. So did you put a quarter in the slot? That would have been great!

Amber said...

Ha, ha...Apparently his mom didn't teach him to say no to crack.

PaiviA said...

Taalla pain sita kutsutaan nykyisin "pajatsoksi". :)