Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What is Alex doing right now?

Alex is at scout camp this week, and I miss him so much. We are not usually apart this long, ever.

I bet he is having so much fun with trying to complete all the fun merit badges, like canoeing, archery, rifle shooting, and the two other ones I can't remember right now. There is a fun group of boys as well in the same camp, so that will make it so much more fun. I think Alex mentioned something about being a patrol leader for the week and having to wake up every morning at 5:30. Ouch, if it's true.

I know they are eating like kings because Chef Anderson is providing all the meals from his fabulous "Chef's Table" restaurant. The pool at the camp is out of order, so the daily disinfectant swim is not going to help the boys with their pre-pubescent BO. And considering the temperature has been about 100 (37 C for the metric people) every day. I think the odor at the camp is quite robust. I can only imagine what we will find and smell when we go to the parents' night on Friday. Gas mask, anyone?

Only 3 more days until he comes home.

What have I accomplished while he has been gone, you ask?
-Laundry, after "The Nine" left yesterday morning. (Miss them already)
-TV, catching up with all the shows I DVR:d while "The Nine" were at my house.
-Sleep, took a late evening nap last night. Thanks Amber for the hint. :)

3 comments:

Sant Family said...

I think it is going to be especially stinky up there!

I think you should sleep while Alex is gone, it sounds like you have been very very very busy!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I didn't even know that you knew my birth date!

Bilary said...

I hope you have stocked up on Fabreze room spray. You're gonna need it on Friday! I'm sorry you are missing Alex, but I'm glad you are getting some things done - and a nap - HEAVENLY! Enjoy some relaxation. You deserve it!

Thanks for the card! I got it today in the mail! You are awesome to remember EVERYONE'S birthdays. I still don't know how you do it. Thanks again!

Tai said...

Good times for Alex and you!! I am sure he is not minding the no shower thing, when everyone stinks, no one can smell anything.