Also, Rod has informed us many times that what we girls do, is not really camping. For us, it really is. This is why: We sleep in cabins with no beds. We have ice cold showers. When we flush the toilets, we have to keep the handle down for 10 seconds. We cook our meals outside. We see animals roaming around all the time. We can't swim in the lake, and there is no pool. Now, if that is not called camping, I don't know what is.
We pulled over in Fairview for Hannah to make a phone call, and came upon this sign. Looks like there is a killer dog on the premises.
Until this fuzzy ball comes out to protect the house from all the evil. We were scared.
Deer wandering around the camp at all times. Beautiful sight.
Hannah and Kayla in our cabin.
Misty and Rachel dressed in Austrian red. (This year our theme was the Olympics, and our ward chose Austria as our country.)
Yes, I am tanning at camp. This is a tradition for me when it is not either raining or snowing. I will take any opportunity to catch some rays. Result: Burned scalp and a heatstroke. Note to self: Hat, sunscreen and lots of fluids.
4 comments:
Wow, that is bringing back some crazy memories of girls' camp. The icky lake that you can't swim in...Do they still do the singing around the lake thing? That was always awesome!
You look FABULOUS even at girls' camp, Marja!
Marja! You got me hooked on freaking blogging... Umm that's extreeeemely weird?! Anyways.. Busty picture? Pretty awkward. :) Love the cabin picture though.
I'm pretty excited for Wednesday, I have to be honest.
I seem to recall macho males in my family mocking our definition of camping too. Guys, always gotta feel superior. "I can withstand more pain and discomfort and even freezing night temperatures better than you can!" Well, good for you!
Awesome pics from camp!! I can't believe you were director for 5 years ... the woman from our stake just finished her 8th year as director so consider yourself lucky ;) Those girls are so lucky to have you!!!
Post a Comment