Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Green Bananas-Snap, Crackle and Pop!


I saw these incredibly green bananas at Wal-Mart the other day, and my mouth started to salivate. When the bananas are this green and raw, it is the best time to consume them. When you try to peel the banana, and the skin doesn't come off...YUM! When you try to take a bite, and they are so hard that your teeth hurt to bite down....YUM-O!

See the yellow ones right next to these beauties? Too late... they are past their prime, might as well squeeze them out like toothpaste. Why even bother! If the shelf is full of yellow bananas, I just walk on by, and think to myself...LAME-O!

8 comments:

Bilary said...

THAT.IS.DISGUSTING!!! You seriously like them that green - ick! But then again I don't like bananas much anyway. I only like them in bread. But seriously, yuck! Do you like crunchy bananas in a banana split as well?

P.S. I just helped Tai start a blog today. Go check her out at
thelittletikes.blogspot.com! She needs a big ol' welcome to blogger world!

Bilary said...

I just thought of something...It was Earth Day. Are you going green in your food consumption as well?

Sant Family said...

Nothing like bananas hard as rocks. Why do they even put them out? If you buy them that green, once they ripen you find all sorts of bruises and mushy spots. Next post - mushy bananas. Yum.

See, I am assuming here that you were NOT serious that you like green bananas?

Amber said...

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

McKenna Gordon said...

No way, commenters! I totally agree with M!

ElleDee said...

whoa!!! i knew you liked them green... BUT NOT THAT GREEN!!!??

Kristine said...

Hmmm. I hope you took my advice and bought some green bags for the bananas. It really does work to keep them greener longer. We're finally banana eaters again at our house.

Sant Family said...

So you really do like them green? I think I just threw up a little bit. Eww.