I received a message from Jennilyn J. before Christmas telling me that she had noticed that Sundance was auctioning off their old ski run signs and if I would be interested in getting the "Wildflower" sign for Jayson and Rod. I thought that was the most incredible idea so I was on board right away. Jennilyn started bidding for the sign and we beat all the other bidders. A night before we left for Hawaii, Jennilyn and her whole family came over to our house with the sign. Neither Jayson or Rod had any idea what was in the package. It was an amazing moment for both of them when they opened the wrapped package.
If you don't remember, Wildflower was the run where Jayson and Rod wrecked in March 2011 and Rod was flown to the hospital with a huge gash on his right leg.

Jayson and Rod unwrapping the Wildflower sign, still not knowing what it was.
Rod is looking at the sign and couldn't believe that we were able to get it.
Jayson and Rod holding the Wildflower sign. Two happy owners.
Merry Christmas Jayson and Rod!


No comments:
Post a Comment