Mountain View High School Homecoming was on Saturday. Alex had volunteered me to cook the Homecoming dinner for 14 couples....that's 28 people. He wanted it to be a 4-course dinner. As previously I have proved that I can't say "no" to my son. So, there I was, slaving over the stove all day since 7:30 on Saturday morning. I had a clear vision how this dinner was going to look like and taste like. The dinner was set to begin between 8pm and 8:30pm, which it did. Everything was ready by the time the 12 couples (2 couples went somewhere else) walked into the park. Rod had decorated the canopies and the tables so beautifully and it was such a pretty sight.
Everything turned out exactly like I visioned. The kids loved everything about it and they had a great time in our park. Luckily the weather was perfect (85 F), no mosquitos and the park sprinklers didn't come on in the middle of the dinner. Bonus!

Alex is dressed up and ready to go pick up his date, Emma Roden.

Handsome Alex.

Alex

The dinner is set before the sunset.

The canopies were glowing in the dark. So beautiful.

Luminarias showed the path to the dinner table.

Dinner is ready to begin.

The whole group arrived. Evy and Emma on the left. Alex and Bryce on the right.

An intimate moment.

First two courses: Caesar Salad and Chicken Soup (Alex's favorites)

Evy, Emma and Sam. Such beautiful girls.

Kevin/Stevin, Stevin/Kevin and Jake (Kevin and Stevin are twins and I can never tell them apart) and their dates.

Alec, Chris and Edgar and their dates.

Omar, Austin and Hogan and their dates.

Bryce, Alex and Tyler and their dates.

Emma and Alex

Emma and Alex
2 comments:
Congrats Alex, you are lucky to have such Super Dad & Mom!
Beautiful! That is a lot of work! It looks wonderful and like the kids all had a good time. The young women look so lovely and modest.
Post a Comment