Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Day 2011

We have a tradition at our house that we will prepare a very special dinner for New Year's Day each year rather than going out to eat.

This year we had steak and lobster tails. It became problematic towards the evening because our barbeque was covered with 6 inches of snow and ice all over. How to chip away the snow and ice so we can turn on the darn thing, in the first place? I suggested first that we would cook the meal in the oven. No, I was told. Then I had the brilliant idea to pour hot water on the bbq. That trick worked and Rod cooked up a delicious meal. At this point, nobody was hungry because we had been snacking all afternoon.


Alex was the Somelier with Martinelli's.


"Happy and Healthy New Year"


Rod trying to crack open the lobster tail.


Delicious meal prepared by Rod.


Skool!

No comments: